Sunday, February 15, 2015

Greenstein's Bakery - BB - Chocolate Pavorati with Child-deterent ganache

ב''ה

This is a fantastic chocolate cake and the cayenne pepper in the ganache makes this something truly unique. The kind of unique experience that Rose gives us so often. Thank you Rose; this is sublime.

Mis en place

The "Ez-Man" was with me for moral support.

I won this handy egg cracker from Michele over at The Artful Oven. Check her out! (It really is helpful btw.)

Melting the chocolates.

First part of the batter. I made a double recipe.


With the eggs.

White chocolate.


Toaster shot. I did not feel like fussing with tin-foil for the cake strips so i used a bundt pan. 3/4 of the batter.

1/4 of the recipe was left over so I made cupcakes.

 My oldest daughter runs into the kitchen, grabs open the fridge and chugs a water bottle. "What happened?", I ask. "Um, I snuck some of the ganache, but it backfired…" That'll teach her!! :)

The weird ring texture is from the baking spray bubbling up. I guess I used to much. 

This cake had a great texture. I did increase the water a little in the cocoa though.



I knew the kids were not going to want the ganache (I used a full teaspoon of cayenne pepper) so I made a second attempt at the caramel whipped cream. Decided I would try some fresh vanilla.

Turned out much better this time as I left out the kolatin.

The ganache and whipped cream is a good combo but I prefer the caramel whipped cream with ganache sans cayenne, as it is in the cuddle cake.



20 comments:

  1. "backfired"!!! Priceless! I love that bundt pan. I also use an egg Crack'em all the time now. They are great. Your cake texture looks really good. How much water did you add to the cocoa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ב''ה

      Do remember that I doubled the recipe...

      Delete
    2. The bundt pans are so fabulous aren't they? I'll bet the cake was delish too!

      Delete
    3. Boy, a lot has been going on since i have been gone - child deterents, blowing ups, backfiring, and burning outs with hot chili. and watering down cakes - Good grief Charlie Brown, I can't go out of sight and you are arming yourself with a batterie of new fancy pans [not pants], and ordering your kitchen work station up like La Cuisine. Anyhow I am back cuz I missed you and the kids [and your pretty wife of course} ; )

      Delete
    4. ב''ה

      Your funny Joan. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. LOL! I like the backfired too! LOL! I love your idea baking in bundt pan! Nice textured cake. I too think the cayenne pepper wasn't necessary. It's a great chocolate cake and ganache on it's own. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Backfired haha. I am amazed you doubled the recipe! I made 1/2 recipe only :)). Why did you add water to your cake? Is it because you use the bundt pan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mendy: What a great cake in that swirl Bundt pan! I really liked the cake and the ganache, but really would have liked to have made that whipped cream. I would have except I didn't have enough cream!! (Glad you like the Crack'Em thing too!) Stay warm, it's a freezing winter around here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that bundt pan. Ez-man is so cute too. The ganache was the best part of the cake to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Mendy, I just love the form of that pan! It made such a beautiful cake! Good thinking. I don't have an egg-cracker. Maybe I should get one. I really loved this recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL backfired! So funny. You have a nice collection of chocolate bars there! Why did you add more water to the cocoa?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that bundt pan! It makes such a beautiful cake. Child-deterrent frosting, haha! I'm glad that you had some success with the Caramel Whipped Cream. i still think about that stuff every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must get me one of this egg cracker too. I love the thinking of outside of the cake pan ...and using bundt cake pan. In general love how you utilize what you already have and make something really good out of it. great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ב''ה

      Thanks for your kind comment.

      Just wanted to let you know I tried to leave a comment on your blog but was not able to. I'll try again...

      Delete
  10. Mendy to answer your question, I did use the Lindt with chili. It is a great chocolate! I only had one bar so topped it off with plain dark but next time I will use only Lindt with chili. Not sure what the % is but I think it would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you, more caramel whipped cream! Love your bundt pan - I have the same one and it's one of my favorites. Until next week!

    Patricia @ ButterYum
    http://www.butteryum.org/roses-alpha-bakers/2015/1/29/tbb-chocolate-pavarotti-with-wicked-good-ganache

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you, more caramel whipped cream! Love your bundt pan - I have the same one and it's one of my favorites. Until next week!

    Patricia @ ButterYum
    http://www.butteryum.org/roses-alpha-bakers/2015/1/29/tbb-chocolate-pavarotti-with-wicked-good-ganache

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, caught out! That makes me think of a Nigella Lawson recipe for biscuits that you hang on the Christmas Tree. She puts lots of black pepper in them as a child deterrent because they're meant to be mostly decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, your cupcakes look so dark and rich and chocolatey...yum! Adorable picture of little Ez :)

    ReplyDelete