Monday, August 6, 2012

Pie and Pastry Bible - open face Blueberry pie

ב''ה


This is my first pie! Also, my first attempt at Rose's pie and pastry bible.



Mis en place (sort of:)


So, I have not had home-made pie in years so I have very little to compare it to. The organic pastry flour was delicious but probably not what the recipe had in mind. I had to use much more than the recipe called for as the batter came out very wet. Also, I did not notice but my wife was not sure what to make of the fresh blueberries folded into the cooked ones. She expected all the blueberries to have been cooked into the blueberry mush with the cornstarch I think. At any rate, I thought it was delicious. :)

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your first pie! it looks great. this is one of the few pies i have made and i like that not all the blueberries are cooked; keeps the whole thing from being too jammy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ECL! Wonder when Rose will release the hounds of the new book upon us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hopefully soon! i am ready to get back in the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete